Without a single doubt, home renovations are definitely annoying. Especially the major ones. They take time and money and effort to see through; something many of us can live without dealing. Unfortunately, you can’t put away such renovations for long. Here’s how to get it done without it destroying the rest of your house as well…
- Separate the construction area – while we know this is not always possible, it can be done so in most instances. Isolating the area will reduce the fumes and dust travelling; which mean you will not have to move while the construction is happening. Put up a plastic sheet wall around the construction area. If using professionals, don’t forget to ask them.
- Use the right people for the job – doing such major renovations by yourself is kind of risky. You might feel you’re saving money; but in reality you’re not. Find a reputed labour recruitment Melbourne in your locality to help you out. Trust us, you will be saving yourself time, money and your energy as well. Besides, being on the outside means you can watch the progress without getting frustrated.
- Use separate entrances and exits – if your major renovation is happening in a part of your home that can be entered and exited without those who are working on it having to tread through your home; then count yourself lucky. Having a separate entrance and exit to the area being renovated will make sure the rest of your home is facing minimum damage through the dust and grime of it.
- Relocate all your fragile and valuables – yes, we are well aware that the labour hire companies Sydney that you hire may be very trust worthy; but why take a chance? Move all your fragile and valuable things to another temporary home while the construction is happening. Remember that it’s very easy for strangers to get into your home while your home is left unprotected and vulnerable.
- Lock away the furniture that may get damaged – your furniture may not count as “valuables” to you; but they are indeed in the risk of getting damaged. Lock away your mattresses, couches and all other furniture that may get dirty and damaged. Make sure to not open this lock until you’re pretty sure your home is dust free.